30. The following instruments may be used for hunting:
(1) optical instruments used for direct visual observation by the hunter other than night vision equipment;
(2) subject to the second, third, fourth and fifth paragraphs, bait, namely, food or odorous substances other than standing crops, crops stacked or grain scattered in accordance with normal farm practices to attract an animal for the purpose of hunting it;
(3) calls, namely, sounds produced vocally or using a wind, mechanical or electronic device directly operated by the hunter and used to attract an animal for hunting purposes;
(3.1) an in-ear sound amplifier;
(4) decoys, namely, artificial reproductions of the shape of an animal or stuffed animals used to attract an animal or to gain its confidence for the purpose of hunting it;
(5) non-tracer bullets and bullets other than non-expanding military-type hard-point bullets;
(6) arrows including those equipped with a wave emitting device;
(7) hunting implements of a type prescribed in section 31.
Food or odorous substances may not be used to bait black bear during the period from 1 July to 15 August regarding Areas 16, 17, 19 south, the western part of Area 27 and Area 29 and during the period from 1 July to 31 August regarding Areas 1 to 15, 18, 26, the eastern part of Area 27 and Area 28.
Food or odorous substances may not be deposited to bait white-tailed deer during the period from 1 December to 31 August. A saline substance used as bait is permitted at all times.
In the case of wild turkey, all baiting is prohibited.
The use of urine or any other natural substance taken from cervids other than moose is prohibited at all times.
M.O. 99021, s. 30; M.O. 2003-010, s. 1; M.O. 2004-003F, s. 6; M.O. 2007-037, s. 9; M.O. 2008-017, s. 14; M.O. 2010-011, s. 4; M.O. 2020-03-18, s. 2012a.