112. The council of physicians, dentists and pharmacists, in accordance with such standards as may be determined by regulation, shall be responsible to the board of directors for
(1) supervising and appreciating the medical, dental and pharmaceutical acts performed in the establishment;
(2) maintaining the competence of the physicians, dentists and pharmacists practising in the establishment;
(3) making the necessary recommendations to ensure that medical, dental and pharmaceutical services are properly distributed;
(4) making recommendations on the scientific and technical organization of the establishment;
(5) giving its opinion on the rules governing medical and dental care, on pharmaceutical services and on the rules governing the use of the resources devised by the head of a clinical department;
(6) establishing the modalities of a system of continuous duty in the hospital centre.
In carrying out its functions, the council of physicians, dentists and pharmacists shall take into account the necessity of providing adequate services to beneficiaries, the organization of the establishment and the resources available in the establishment.
1971, c. 48, s. 76; 1981, c. 22, s. 78; 1984, c. 47, s. 173; 1986, c. 57, s. 6.