CCQ-1991 - Civil Code of Québec

Full text
60. An application for a change of name for a minor child may be made by the child’s tutor or by the minor child alone if the child is 14 years of age or over.
An application for a change of the surname of the father or mother as declared in the act of birth of a minor child is also valid for the minor child if the child bears the same surname or part of that surname.
1991, c. 64, a. 60; 2016, c. 192016, c. 19, s. 2.
60. The tutor to a minor may apply for the change of the name of his pupil, if the latter is a Canadian citizen and has been domiciled in Québec for at least one year.
1991, c. 64, a. 60.