27. The pre-hearing conference is held by a Tribunal member. Its purpose is
(1) to define the issues to be argued at the hearing;
(2) to assess the advisability of clarifying and specifying the parties’ contentions and the conclusions sought;
(3) to ensure that all documentary evidence is exchanged by the parties;
(4) to plan the conduct of the proceeding and the order of presentation of evidence at the hearing;
(5) to examine the possibility for the parties of admitting certain facts or of proving them by means of sworn statements; and
(6) to examine any other matter likely to simplify or accelerate the conduct of the hearing.
The pre-hearing conference may also allow the parties to come to an agreement and thus terminate the matter.