18.0.1. Every person who is resident in Québec and is the recipient of a taxable supply of incorporeal movable property or a service made outside Québec, otherwise than by reason of section 23 or 24.2, but within Canada, other than a supply included in section 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52, that is acquired by the person for consumption, use or supply to an extent of at least 10% in Québec shall pay to the Minister, each time consideration, or a part thereof, for the supply becomes due or is paid without having become due, a tax in respect of the supply equal to the amount determined by the formula
A × B × C.
For the purposes of this formula,
(1) A is 9.975%;
(2) B is the value of the consideration or a part thereof that is paid or becomes due at that time; and
(3) C is the extent, expressed as a percentage, to which the person acquired the property or service for consumption, use or supply in Québec.
No tax is payable in respect of
(1) a supply of property or a service to a registrant, other than a registrant whose net tax is determined under sections 433.1 to 433.15 or under a regulatory provision made under section 434, who acquired the property or service for consumption, use or supply exclusively in the course of commercial activities of the registrant;
(2) a zero-rated supply;
(3) a supply of a service, other than a custodial or nominee service in respect of securities or precious metals of the person, in respect of corporeal movable property that is shipped outside Québec as soon after the service is performed as is reasonable having regard to the circumstances surrounding the shipment outside Québec and is not consumed, used or supplied in Québec after the service is performed and before the property is shipped outside Québec;
(4) a supply of a service rendered in connection with criminal, civil or administrative litigation outside Québec, other than a service rendered before the commencement of such litigation;
(5) a supply of a transportation service;
(6) a supply of a telecommunication service;
(7) a prescribed supply of property or a service where the property or service is acquired by the recipient of the supply in prescribed circumstances, in accordance with such terms and conditions as may be prescribed;
(8) a supply of a property or a service, if the total of all amounts, each of which is an amount of tax that, but for this subparagraph and subparagraph 5 of the fourth paragraph of section 17, would become payable by the person under the first paragraph or the first paragraph of section 17, is $35 or less in the calendar month that includes the time when all or part of the consideration for the supply becomes due or is paid without having become due; or
(9) a particular supply of property or a service made by a participating employer of a pension plan to a person that is a pension entity of the pension plan where
(a) the amount determined by the formula in subparagraph 3 of the first paragraph of section 289.5 in respect of a supply of the property or service that is deemed to have been made by the participating employer under subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph of section 289.5, is greater than zero, or
(b) the amount determined by the formula in subparagraph 3 of the first paragraph of section 289.6 in respect of any supply of an employer resource that is deemed to have been made by the participating employer under subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph of section 289.6, consumed or used for the purpose of making the particular supply, is greater than zero.