21. A health communication centre is a non-profit legal person constituted under an Act of Québec and having as its object the exercise of the functions specified in this Act.
The board of directors of a health communication centre shall be composed of the following persons who become members upon appointment :
(1) five members designated by the ambulance service permit holders operating in the territory served by the centre ;
(2) one member appointed by the municipalities in the territory served by the centre ;
(3) one member appointed by the health institutions in the territory served by the centre ;
(4) one member appointed by the agency or agencies whose territory is served by the centre ; and
(5) a regional medical director of pre-hospital emergency services appointed by and from among the regional medical directors appointed under section 17 by the agencies whose territory is served by the centre or, where the territory of only one agency is so served, the regional medical director of that agency.
The director general of the health communication centre shall attend the meetings of the board of directors but has no vote.
2002, c. 69, s. 21; 2005, c. 32, s. 308.