118. The director of professional services, under the authority of the director general, must
(1) direct, coordinate and supervise the activities of heads of clinical departments that are provided for in section 71.1 and coordinate with the other directors concerned the professional and scientific activities of the establishment, subject to the organization plan;
(2) implement the administrative sanctions provided for in subparagraph 2 of the first paragraph of section 71.1 and inform thereof the council of physicians, dentists and pharmacists and the heads of clinical departments;
(3) supervise the operation of the committees of the clinical staff advisory council and of the council of physicians, dentists and pharmacists and satisfy himself that they are performing their functions and, in the case of the council of physicians, dentists and pharmacists, that it is adequately supervising the medical, dental and pharmaceutical acts performed in the establishment;
(4) assume any other function provided for in the organization plan of the establishment;
(5) take all means to ensure that an examination, autopsy or expertise required under the Act respecting the determination of the causes and circumstances of death (chapter R-0.2) is made or performed.