60. A complaint may be addressed directly to the agency
(1) by any person who uses the services of a community organization within the meaning of section 334 or is lodged in a private nursing home or by a community organization referred to in section 454, by a resource offering lodging referred to in section 346.0.21 or in a private seniors’ residence referred to in section 346.0.1, regarding the services the person received or ought to have received from the organization, nursing home, resource or residence;
(2) (paragraph repealed);
(3) by any natural person regarding a function or an activity of the agency by which the person is personally affected owing to the fact that the person receives or ought to receive services provided by institutions, intermediary resources, family-type resources, community organizations, private nursing homes or community organizations referred to in section 454, resources offering lodging referred to in section 346.0.21 or private seniors’ residences referred to in section 346.0.1;
(4) by any natural person regarding any clientele assistance provided by the agency itself as part of its functions as regards services to the public and user rights;
(5) by any natural person who requires or uses services provided by an organization, partnership or person whose services or activities relate to the field of health and social services and with which or whom a service agreement has been made by the agency for the provision of services, and who cannot otherwise apply to an institution under Division I. This does not apply, however, in the case of a complaint concerning a physician, dentist or pharmacist, or a resident, who practises with such an organization, partnership or person.