1. The health services and social services plan established by this Act aims to maintain and improve the physical, mental and social capacity of persons to act in their community and to carry out the roles they intend to assume in a manner which is acceptable to themselves and to the groups to which they belong.
The plan shall focus mainly on
(1) reducing mortality caused by illness and trauma as well as morbidity, physical disabilities and handicaps;
(2) acting on health and welfare determining factors and developing individual, family and community responsibility in that respect through prevention and promotion;
(3) fostering the recovery of users’ health and welfare;
(4) fostering the protection of public health;
(5) fostering the adjustment or rehabilitation of users as well as their social integration or reintegration;
(6) reducing the impact of problems which threaten the stability, fulfilment or autonomy of users;
(7) attaining comparable standards of health and welfare in the various strata of the population and in the various regions.
1991, c. 42, s. 1; 1999, c. 40, s. 269.