2. This Act applies to childcare centres, day care centres and recognized home childcare providers and to home childcare coordinating offices accredited by the Minister.
This Act does not apply to
(1) persons who provide or offer to provide occasional organized childcare services, in a health or social services institution, in a commercial establishment, at a fair or exhibition or during a special event, to children whose parents are on site and can be reached if needed;
(2) day camp or vacation camp operators; or
(3) school service centres or private educational institutions that provide childcare at school within the meaning of the Education Act (chapter I-13.3) or the Act respecting private education (chapter E-9.1);
(4) public bodies and community organizations that provide temporary childcare as part of their mandate to support and assist families or as part of a specific activity involving parents or children.
2005, c. 47, s. 2; 2020, c. 1, s. 3121.