56. The duties of the Commission are
(1) to decide any application for recognition submitted by an artists’ association or an association of producers;
(2) to decide as to the conformity to this Act of the by-laws of recognized associations regarding membership requirements and see to it that the associations enforce those by-laws;
(3) to designate a mediator for the purposes of sections 18.1 and 31;
(4) to designate an arbitrator for the purposes of sections 26.1 and 33;
(5) to advise the Minister on any matter relating to the administration of this Act, particularly on the implementation of appropriate measures to foster protection of the professional status of artists in harmony with the development of production enterprises;
(6) to draw up, annually, a list of mediators and arbitrators, after consultation with recognized artists’ associations and associations of producers.
It shall also be the duty of the Commission to decide upon any other matter in respect of which it has jurisdiction under the Act respecting the professional status of artists in the visual arts, arts and crafts and literature, and their contracts with promoters (chapter S-32.01).
1987, c. 72, s. 56; 1988, c. 69, s. 54; 1997, c. 26, s. 28.