1. This Act applies to the following private security activities:
(1) security guarding, namely, watching or protecting persons, property or premises mainly to prevent crime and maintain order;
(2) investigation, namely, searching for persons, information or property, particularly searching for information on an offence or collecting information on the character or conduct of individuals;
(3) locksmith work, namely, keying, installing, maintaining and repairing mechanical and electronic locking devices, installing, maintaining and repairing, and changing the combinations of, safes, vaults and safety deposit boxes, designing and managing master key systems, maintaining key code records, cutting keys otherwise than by duplicating existing keys, and unlocking a building door, piece of furniture or safe otherwise than by using a key or following the prescribed procedure;
(4) activities related to electronic security systems, namely, installing, maintaining and repairing, and ensuring the continuous remote monitoring of, burglar or intrusion alarm systems, video surveillance systems and access control systems, except vehicle security systems;
(5) the transport of valuables; and
(6) security consulting, namely, providing consulting services on protection against theft, intrusion or vandalism independently from the other activities referred to in this section and particularly by developing plans or specifications or presenting projects.