20. The Minister of Municipal Affairs, Sports and Recreation is responsible for supervising personal safety and integrity in the practice of sports.
The Minister shall supervise the carrying out of this Act and the regulations and, for that purpose, shall, in particular,
(1) gather, analyse and disseminate information on sports safety;
(2) conduct or cause others to conduct studies and research on sports safety;
(3) participate in educating the public on safety in relation to the practice of sports;
(4) participate in preparing safety training methods for persons who work in the sports field.
(5) give technical assistance to a sports federation or unaffiliated sports body, toward preparing and disseminating safety regulations;
(6) advise any person requesting advice on means of ensuring sports safety;
(7) (subparagraph repealed);
(8) foster non-violence in sports.
1979, c. 86, s. 20; 1986, c. 50, s. 3; 1988, c. 26, s. 6; 1997, c. 79, s. 6; 1999, c. 43, s. 15; 2003, c. 19, s. 250.