17. (1) The board of directors shall every year elect a president and vice-president from among its members, at its first meeting following the annual general meeting.
(2) Such meeting of the board of directors may be held during the annual general meeting or immediately afterwards, upon oral notice given at such meeting, provided there be a quorum.
(3) The president and vice-president of the board of directors shall be the president and vice-president of the association.
(4) The board of directors shall appoint a secretary-treasurer and fix the amount of his remuneration.
(5) The services of a member of the board of directors shall be gratuitous. Nevertheless the expenses incurred by a member of the board of directors in the performance of his duties, authorized or ratified by the board of directors, may be refunded to him.
(6) The president may nevertheless be appointed manager of the association, and receive such remuneration as may be fixed by the board of directors, unless such appointment be contrary to any by-law of the association.
(7) The manager and the secretary-treasurer may be chosen outside of the members of the association. In such case they shall not be entitled to vote at meetings of the board of directors.
(8) In case of a vacancy in the board of directors, the remaining members shall fill such vacancy for the remainder of the term.