S-2.2 - Public Health Act
33. Ongoing surveillance of the health status of the population and of health determinants shall be carried out so as to
(1) obtain an overall picture of the health status of the population;
(2) monitor trends and temporal and spatial variations;
(3) detect emerging problems;
(4) identify major problems;
(5) develop prospective scenarios of the health status of the population;
(6) monitor the development within the population of certain specific health problems and of their determinants.