73. Hydro-Québec and every natural gas distributor must obtain the authorization of the Régie, subject to the conditions and in the cases the Régie determines by regulation, to
(1) acquire, construct or dispose of immovables or assets intended for the production, transmission or distribution of electric power or natural gas;
(2) extend or modify their distribution system;
(3) cease or suspend operations;
(4) alter the use of their distribution system;
(5) restructure their operations so as to exclude part thereof from the application of this Act; or
(6) export electric power from Québec, subject to the Act respecting the exportation of electric power (chapter E-23).
In examining an application under subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph, the Régie shall give due consideration to the justification of energy needs.
In examining any application under this section, the Régie shall give due consideration to such economic, social and environmental concerns as have been identified by the Government.
An authorization under this section does not dispense Hydro-Québec or a natural gas distributor from seeking any other authorization required by law.