114. The Régie may make regulations determining
(1) operating standards and technical requirements to be met by the electric power distributor or by natural gas distributors;
(2) standards concerning the continuation of an electric power or natural gas distribution system;
(3) (subparagraph repealed);
(4) (subparagraph repealed);
(5) the documents required for the examination of an application;
(6) the cases in which an operation referred to in section 73 requires an authorization and the applicable conditions;
(7) the form and tenor of a supply plan, and the intervals at which such a plan is to be submitted;
(8) the conditions under which and the cases in which a supply contract entered into by the electric power distributor must be approved by the Régie;
(9) the method of calculation and terms of payment of the annual duty on natural gas and fuel payable under Chapter VI.3, the rate of interest on sums due and the penalties exacted for failure to pay;
(10) (subparagraph repealed).
The standards, documents, conditions and cases, and the form, tenor and intervals referred to in subparagraphs 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 of the first paragraph may vary, in particular, according to the electric power carrier, the distributors or the classes of distributors. A regulation hereunder may also exclude the electric power carrier, a distributor or a class of distributors.
The method of calculation and terms of payment referred to in subparagraph 9 of the first paragraph may vary from one distributor or class of distributors to another. The Régie may also provide that a given provision of a regulation made under either of those subparagraphs is to become effective at different dates depending on whether it applies to electric power, natural gas, gasoline, diesel fuel, heating oil, propane or coal.
The amount of the penalty the Régie may determine under subparagraph 9 of the first paragraph may not exceed 15% of the amount that should have been paid.
The method of calculation referred to in subparagraph 9 of the first paragraph may provide for the repayment of any overpayments made by a distributor.
The sums to be repaid to a distributor are paid by the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks. The surplus so paid may be taken out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund and debited from the Green Fund.
It is incumbent upon the Régie de l’énergie to determine the sums to be repaid to a distributor.
The sums to be repaid bear interest at the rate set under the second paragraph of section 28 of the Tax Administration Act (chapter A-6.002) as long as they stand to the credit of the Green Fund. Interest is capitalized monthly.
1996, c. 61, s. 114; 2000, c. 22, s. 51; 2006, c. 46, s. 51; 2011, c. 16, Sch. II, s. 54; 2013, c. 16, s. 183.