112. The Government may make regulations determining
(1) the registration fees and the rates of the duty payable each year to the Régie by the electric power carrier, by an owner or operator referred to in paragraph 2 of section 85.3 or by a distributor as well as the terms and conditions of payment, the rate of interest on sums due and the penalties exacted for failure to pay;
(2) the fees payable for the examination of an application submitted to the Régie;
(2.1) for a particular source of electric power supply, the corresponding energy block and maximum price established for the purpose of fixing the cost of electric power referred to in section 52.2 or for the purposes of the supply plan provided for in section 72, or for the purposes of a tender solicitation by the electric power distributor under section 74.1;
(2.2) the timeframe applicable to a public tender solicitation by the electric power distributor under section 74.1;
(2.3) the maximum production capacity referred to in section 74.3, which may vary with the source of renewable energy or the class of customers or producers specified;
(3) the provisions of a regulation under this section or section 114 the contravention of which constitutes an offence;
(4) the quantity of renewable natural gas to be delivered by a natural gas distributor and the terms and conditions according to which it is to be delivered.
The fees, the rates, the terms and conditions, the energy block and the maximum price referred to in subparagraphs 1, 2 and 2.1 of the first paragraph may vary, in particular, according to the electric power carrier, the classes of owners or operators referred to in paragraph 2 of section 85.3, or the distributors or the classes of distributors or consumers. A regulation hereunder may also exclude the electric power carrier, a class of owners or operators referred to in paragraph 2 of section 85.3, a distributor or a class of distributors or consumers and it may exclude a petroleum products distributor on the basis of the volume of gasoline or diesel fuel intended for Québec markets that the distributor refines in Québec, trades with a refiner in Québec or brings into Québec.
The amount of the penalty the Government may determine under subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph may not exceed 15% of the amount that should have been paid.
In cases where energy needs are to be supplied out of an energy block, a regulation may provide that only certain classes of suppliers may be invited to tender by the electric power distributor and that the quantity of electric power required under each supply contract may be limited.
1996, c. 61, s. 112; 2000, c. 22, s. 50; 2001, c. 16, s. 3; 2000, c. 22, s. 50; 2006, c. 46, s. 50; 2010, c. 8, s. 7; 2011, c. 16, Sch. II, s. 53; 2013, c. 16, s. 179; 2016, c. 35, s. 151.
The following provisions are not in force:
in subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph, the words “the registration fees and”.
The above provisions will come into force on the date or dates to be fixed by the Government (2000, c. 22, s. 70).