17. (1) The Committee shall consist of twelve persons, six of whom represent the representative associations of employees and the other six of whom represent the employers’ association and the contractors’ associations.
(2) Each of the associations of employees whose representativeness is 5% shall designate one member.
If the six places to which the representative associations of employees are entitled are not filled in this manner, they shall be filled, on the second round, to the extent of one additional member for each association of employees whose representativeness is 15% or more. Each association shall in turn exercise its right to appoint one member in order of representativeness until all the places are filled.
If any place remains unfilled, a third round shall be held in the same manner by the associations of employees whose representativeness is 30% or more.
(3) The employers’ association and the contractors’ associations shall each designate one member.
(4) Each representative association, the employers’ association and each contractors’ association shall also designate one substitute for each member they designate; such a substitute shall not attend a meeting unless the member he substitutes for is absent.
(5) The Committee shall designate, for each meeting, a chairman from among the members present. Such chairman shall have the right to vote but shall not have a casting vote.
(6) The minutes of the meetings of the Committee shall be prepared by a member of the personnel of the Commission.
Such minutes, approved by the Committee, are authentic.
They shall be sent to the Commission which may issue true copies under the signature of its chairman or secretary.
(7) Three of the members designated by the employers’ association and the contractors’ associations and three of the members representing the representative associations of employees constitute a quorum of the Committee.
(8) The associations entitled to designate members to the Committee must send to the Commission, within the month following the filing of the collective agreement as provided for in section 48, the names of such members, their terms of office and the names of the substitutes. Such terms shall be renewable and every vacancy shall be filled for the remainder of the term of the member to be replaced, in accordance with the same terms and conditions.
(9) A decision or notice, to be valid, must be approved by both a union and employers’ majority. Each representative association has one vote exercisable by the whole group of its representatives, the relative value of which corresponds to the association’s representativeness.
(10) (Subsection repealed).
(11) No member of the Committee shall hold a remunerated employment with the Commission or receive a pecuniary or other benefit except in accordance with the regulations of the Commission approved by the Government.
(12) The Committee may make rules for its internal management. Such rules must, to be valid, be approved by the Commission.
(13) The Committee shall continue to exist after a collective agreement expires to such extent and for such time as the Minister considers appropriate.