168. The Government may, by regulation, after consultation with the Chief Coroner, adopt tariffs establishing
(1) the remuneration of part-time coroners;
(2) the sums to be reimbursed to the Chief Coroner, Deputy Chief Coroners or coroners for any expenses made or incurred in the performance of their duties;
(3) the costs of transporting, keeping and preserving dead bodies which a coroner or another authorized person takes possession of;
(4) the cost of any other service required for the administration of this Act;
(5) the indemnities of the persons summoned to the inquest;
(6) the amount of the charge to be paid for transcribing the stenographic notes and recordings made at an inquest or for obtaining copy of the transcription;
(7) the amount of the charge to be paid to obtain a certified copy of the report of investigation or inquest or any documents accompanying the reports.
The Government may also, by regulation, determine in which cases, on what conditions and to which categories of persons the tariffs apply.
1983, c. 41, s. 168; 1985, c. 29, s. 46; 1991, c. 44, s. 9.