76. Every application must be accompanied by a notice stating the date, time and place it will be presented and must, not less than 10 days or more than 60 days before the hearing,
(1) be served personally by a bailiff on the parents, the child if he is 14 years of age or over, and any person who has been granted the status of party by the tribunal, or be notified to those persons by the director personally or by registered mail provided receipt of the document is attested to by the addressee; and
(2) be notified in accordance with the rules of the Code of Civil Procedure (chapter C-25.01) to the advocates of the parties mentioned in subparagraph 1, the director, the Commission if the application raises an encroachment of rights, or the Public Curator in tutorship or emancipation matters.
However, an application made under the third or fourth paragraph of section 81 must, within the same time and on the same conditions, be notified only to the director. It must also be filed at the office of the tribunal at least 10 days before the hearing. On receiving the application, the clerk shall send by registered mail to the parents and to the child if he is 14 years of age or over, at their last address entered in the record, a notice informing them of the filing of the application.
Any other written proceeding, document or notice must be notified using a method provided for in the Code of Civil Procedure that protects its confidentiality.
The tribunal may
(1) authorize a different method of service or notification if required in the circumstances;
(2) extend or reduce the service or notification time limit for exceptional reasons or in urgent cases; and
(3) dispense with service or notification for exceptional reasons, in urgent cases or if all the parties are present before the tribunal and waive it.
Applications addressed to the tribunal under the fourth paragraph must be presented in the district established under section 73.
The clerk may exercise the powers conferred on the tribunal in subparagraphs 1 and 2 of the fourth paragraph.
1977, c. 20, s. 76; 1988, c. 21, s. 119; 1989, c. 53, s. 5, s. 11; 1989, c. 53, s. 12; 1994, c. 35, s. 67; 2006, c. 34, s. 45; I.N. 2016-01-01 (NCCP); 2017, c. 18, s. 521.