38. The Health Services Ombudsman must submit an activities report to the Minister once a year and whenever so required by the Minister.
The report shall describe the reasons for the complaints received by the Health Services Ombudsman under section 8 and shall indicate in respect of each type of complaint
(1) the number of complaints received, dismissed upon summary examination, examined, refused or abandoned since the last report; and
(2) the actions taken following the examination of the complaints.
The report shall specify the nature of the corrective action recommended and any institution or health and social services agency identified pursuant to section 19.
Moreover, the report shall list the interventions of the Health Services Ombudsman pursuant to section 20 as well as the principal conclusions of the Ombudsman and any related recommendations.
Furthermore, the report must contain advice formulated by the Health Services Ombudsman and any appropriate recommendations for corrective action regarding any matter within the Ombudsman’s purview, including the following:
(1) the action to be taken to improve the degree of satisfaction of the users or clientele of any body referred to in subparagraph 1, 2 or 3 of the first paragraph of section 20 and the enforcement of their rights;
(2) the application of the complaint examination procedure established by institutions and health and social services agencies;
(3) the improvement of the quality of services; and
(4) the standardization of the form and content of the annual reports issued by the boards of directors of institutions and health and social services agencies.