2. From 21 October 1999, no water taken in Québec may be transferred outside Québec.
Such prohibition does not apply, however, to water taken
(1) to produce electric power;
(2) to be marketed as water intended for human consumption, insofar as the water is packaged in Québec in containers of 20 litres capacity or less;
(3) to supply potable water to establishments or dwellings situated in a bordering zone;
(4) to supply vehicles, including vessels and aircraft, whether for the needs of the persons or animals being transported or for ballast or other needs related to the operation of the vehicles.
1999, c. 63, s. 2; 2001, c. 48, s. 2.