38. A majority of the interested persons of an unorganized territory may apply to the Government in writing to be constituted into a local municipality.
The application must contain
(1) the name of the municipality;
(2) the description of the territory of the municipality prepared by a land surveyor;
(3) an estimate of the population of the municipality;
(4) a statement to the effect that the municipality will be governed by the Municipal Code of Québec (chapter C-27.1) or by the Cities and Towns Act (chapter C-19);
(5) the name of the person designated as their representative by the applicants;
(6) the name of the person who will act as clerk or secretary-treasurer of the municipality until the council appoints a person to hold that office;
(7) the name of the regional county municipality within the territory of which the unorganized territory affected by the application for constitution is situated or the name of the regional county municipality chosen by the applicants, where the unorganized territory is situated within the territories of more than one regional county municipality.
The application may set out any condition applicable to the constitution.
1988, c. 19, s. 38; 1990, c. 47, s. 1; 1993, c. 65, s. 10.