11. The Minister shall devise and propose to the Government policies and measures relating to the areas within his competence, in particular to
(1) encourage the establishment or maintenance of harmonious relations between employers and employees or the associations representing them;
(2) adapt labour relations administration and labour standards to changes in the needs of persons, the labour market and the economy;
(3) facilitate the management of workforce and of conditions of employment;
(4) promote the evolution of work organization methods on the basis of the needs of persons, the labour market and the economy;
(5) foster protection of the health, safety and physical integrity of workers;
(6) promote the quality of the construction of buildings and of the equipment and facilities intended for public use as well as the security of the persons having access to them.
The Minister shall see to the implementation of the policies and measures, supervise their administration and coordinate their execution.
The Minister is also responsible for the administration of the Acts under his authority and he shall perform any other function assigned to him by the Government.
The Minister shall also, in collaboration with the bodies concerned, conduct or commission studies on changes in conditions of employment in Québec and make such studies available every five years.
1996, c. 29, s. 11; 2002, c. 80, s. 85; 2007, c. 3, s. 72.