12.1. With respect to wildlife and parks, the functions and powers of the Minister consist in
(1) managing wildlife harvesting activities within the scope of the Act respecting the conservation and development of wildlife (chapter C-61.1) and the Act respecting hunting and fishing rights in the James Bay and New Québec territories (chapter D-13.1), in particular with regard to the development and application of related standards, and with regard to authorizations, certificates, licences, and the leasing of exclusive rights;
(2) ensuring adequate supervision and monitoring of the use of wildlife resources, and safeguarding the integrity of wildlife biodiversity and wildlife settings;
(3) promoting joint action and ensuring coordination among the stakeholders in the fields of wildlife and wildlife habitats and park development and management;
(4) formulating policies concerning wildlife, wildlife habitats and parks, implementing those policies and coordinating their application;
(5) fostering the development of wildlife on private lands;
(6) promoting hunting, fishing and trapping, particularly by educating the younger generation;
(7) managing, developing, supervising and protecting parks, pursuant to the Parks Act (chapter P-9) and the Act respecting the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park (chapter P-8.1).