M-17.2 - Act respecting the Ministère de la Famille, des Aînés et de la Condition féminine
3.2. The responsibilities of the Minister with regard to the status of women shall include
(1) reinforcing government intervention to ensure gender equality and the safeguarding of women’s rights;
(2) encouraging the actual achievement of gender equality, in particular by eliminating systemic discrimination against women;
(3) informing, encouraging and supporting national, regional and local authorities so that they will act with full regard for gender equality and women’s rights;
(4) seeing to the actual progression of gender equality; and
(5) encouraging the public to take positive action toward the achievement of gender equality and equal rights for women.