9.In the fields within his competence the duties of the Minister shall be, more particularly, to
(1) foster consultation and cooperation between the departments, agencies and interested persons;
(2) adopt measures designed to further the training and development of individuals;
(3) promote and coordinate the development and diffusion of information, including scientific and technological information, and of scientific and technological culture;
(4) promote the study, assessment and control of the repercussions of technological progress on persons and on society;
(5) in cooperation with the ministers concerned, evaluate the programs of departments and bodies relating to science and technology.
1985, c. 21, s. 9.
The Minister for Technology exercises, under the authority of the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Technology, the functions, duties and powers of the Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology with respect of technology. O.C. 1098-88 of 88.07.06, (1988) 120 G.O. 2 (French), 4040.