43. Every person staking a parcel of land referred to in section 41 is required to comply, as nearly as practicable, with the following staking rules:
(1) rules prescribed in section 44, except that he shall indicate only the range lines between the posts;
(2) where the sides of the lot do not run in a generally north and south direction, post No.1 may be erected at the northernmost or easternmost corner of the lot;
(3) the staking of a river or stretch of water is made in accordance with the staking rules prescribed in section 44, except in the case provided for in the last paragraph of section 41 or if a stretch of water covers part of the lot;
(4) the staking of a parcel of land situated in the Îles-de-la-Madeleine shall comply with the staking rules prescribed in section 44.