2.1. Smoking is prohibited
(1) in bus shelters;
(2) in tents, under big tops and in other similar facilities that are put up temporarily or permanently and are open to the public;
(3) on grounds placed at the disposal of an educational institution governed by the Education Act (chapter I-13.3), the Education Act for Cree, Inuit and Naskapi Native Persons (chapter I-14) or the Act respecting private education (chapter E-9.1) and providing preschool education services, elementary and secondary school instructional services, educational services in vocational training or educational services to adults in general education;
(4) on the grounds of a childcare centre or day care centre;
(5) on terraces and in other outdoor areas operated as part of a commercial activity and that are set up for rest, relaxation or the consumption of products;
(6) in outdoor play areas intended for children that are open to the public, including splash pads, wading pools and skateparks;
(7) on sports fields and playgrounds, including areas reserved for spectators, that are used by minors and open to the public;
(8) on the grounds of day camps and vacation camps as well as at skating rinks and outdoor pools that are used by minors and open to the public.
Smoking is also prohibited within nine metres of any part of the perimeter of a place referred to in subparagraph 6 of the first paragraph. However, if that distance exceeds the boundaries of the grounds on which the place is situated, smoking is prohibited only up to those boundaries.
The Government may, by regulation, determine other places where smoking is prohibited.
2005, c. 29, s. 4; 2005, c. 47, s. 148; 2015, c. 28, s. 5; 2018, c. 19, s. 191.