J-3 - Act respecting administrative justice
42. Members shall be selected among persons declared apt according to the recruiting and selection procedure established by government regulation. The regulation may, in particular,
(1) determine the publicity that must be given to the recruiting procedure and the content of such publicity;
(2) determine the procedure by which a person may become a candidate;
(3) authorize the establishment of selection committees to assess the aptitude of candidates and formulate an opinion concerning them;
(4) fix the composition of the committees and mode of appointment of committee members, ensuring, where appropriate, adequate representation of the sectors concerned;
(5) determine the selection criteria to be taken into account by the committees;
(6) determine the information a committee may require from a candidate and the consultations it may hold.