102. A governing board shall be established for each centre.
The governing board, which shall have not more than 20 members, shall include the following persons, who shall become members of the board upon their appointment or election:
(1) students attending the centre, elected by their peers according to the procedure determined by the principal after consulting with the students or the students’ association, if any;
(2) at least four members of the staff of the centre, including at least two teachers and, if the persons concerned so decide, at least one non-teaching professional staff member and at least one support staff member, elected by their peers according to the procedure set out in their respective collective agreements or, failing that, according to the procedure determined by the principal after consulting with the persons concerned;
(3) at least two persons appointed by the school service centre after consulting with the socio-economic and community groups in the territory principally served by the centre;
(4) in the case of a vocational training centre, at least two parents of students attending the centre who are not members of the staff of the centre, elected by their peers according to the procedure determined by the principal;
(5) at least two persons appointed by the school service centre from within enterprises of the region which, in the case of a vocational training centre, operate in economic sectors corresponding to the vocational education programs offered by the centre.
The term of office of members of the governing board is two years.
The members of the governing board shall remain in office until they are reelected, reappointed or replaced.
They must, as soon as possible after taking office for a first term, undergo the training for governing board members developed by the Minister in accordance with the second paragraph of section 459.5.
A vacancy resulting from the departure or disqualification of any other member of the governing board is filled, for the unexpired portion of the term, according to the mode of appointment prescribed for the member to be replaced.
1988, c. 84, s. 102; 1990, c. 78, s. 54; 1997, c. 96, s. 13; 2020, c. 1, s. 36112020, c. 1, s. 3612.