19. The duties of such officers shall be as follows:
(1) To examine all the plans of electrical installations submitted to them;
(2) To examine all those desiring to become electricians, and issue licenses;
(3) To hold examinations in such places as the Minister may be pleased to select;
(4) To draw up a programme for the examinations, prepare forms and other documents for the same, collect fees, keep registers, direct the work of the inspector-electricians and, generally, attend to the details of the administration of the board of examiners;
(5) To issue permits for electrical installation, as provided in section 4 of this act;
Such officers shall keep, in the archives of their offices, a record of each license and certificate given by them, and draw up reports on the operations of their offices whenever called upon by the Minister so to do.
They may, subject to the approval of the Minister, make a sub-classification of licenses covered by section 20 of this act, if they deem it expedient in the general interest of the service, and the fees to be exacted in connection with such sub-classification shall be such as may be fixed by the Gouvernement, upon the recommendation of the Minister.
R. S. 1964, c. 152, s. 20; 1969, c. 51, s. 68; 1979, c. 75, s. 46.