6. To be included in the registry, a person must file with the chief electoral officer an application for registration, signed by the person, containing such information as the chief electoral officer may require, including
(1) the address of the applicant’s prior residence in Québec;
(2) the date of leaving Québec;
(3) a declaration of the applicant’s intention to return to Québec;
(4) proof of the applicant’s identity by reference to documents of a class prescribed by the chief electoral officer, and
(5) the applicant’s mailing address outside Québec.
For the purposes of subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph, an applicant can choose as the address of residence either of the following:
(1) the address of the applicant’s last ordinary place of residence in Québec;
(2) the address of the residence in Québec of the applicant’s spouse or de facto spouse, a relative or a dependent.
In this Act, the word “relative” means the father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, stepfather, stepmother, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother, sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son, daughter, stepson, stepdaughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, grandson or granddaughter.