59. The Chief Electoral Officer or any person designated by him shall grant an authorization to every independent candidate who applies to him therefor in writing and who furnishes him with the following information:
(1) his name, the address of his domicile and his telephone number;
(2) the name of the electoral division in which he is a candidate;
(3) the address to which communications intended for him must be sent;
(4) the address where the books and accounts pertaining to the contributions he will receive and the expenses he will incur are to be kept;
(5) the name, address and telephone number of his official representative.
During the period for filing nomination papers, an application for authorization may be made on the form prescribed for the nomination paper, and the candidate’s official representative is the official agent designated by the candidate on the nomination paper.
1989, c. 1, s. 59; 1998, c. 52, s. 16; 2008, c. 22, s. 11.