340. The returning officer or his assistant may issue an authorization to vote, in the form prescribed by regulation, to any elector
(1) whose name does not appear on the copy of the list of electors used at the polling station but appears on the revised list of electors in the possession of the returning officer;
(2) whose name was not properly entered when a decision of a board of revisors was copied;
(3) whose registration was mistakenly removed from the list of electors because it was confused with that of another elector;
(4) whose registration on the list of electors was changed by the Chief Electoral Officer under section 208;
(5) who has left home for his or her safety or that of his or her children and wishes to vote in the polling subdivision where he or she is residing;
(6) who is an election officer in the electoral division of his or her domicile and whose name is entered on the list of electors of that electoral division but does not appear on the list of electors of any of the polling stations at the place where he or she is working on polling day.
An elector who has obtained an authorization under this section shall present it to the deputy returning officer and declare under oath that he is indeed the person who obtained it; an indication thereof shall be entered in the poll book.
As regards the address, section 337 does not apply to the elector referred to in subparagraph 5 of the first paragraph.
1989, c. 1, s. 340; 1995, c. 23, s. 34; 2001, c. 72, s. 26; 2006, c. 17, s. 22; 2008, c. 22, s. 47.