119. The deputy returning officer shall declare valid every ballot paper which an elector has marked in one of the circles in the manner provided in section 101.
However, the deputy returning officer shall reject every ballot paper which
(1) has not been furnished by him;
(2) does not bear the initials of the deputy returning officer;
(3) has not been marked;
(4) has been marked in favour of more than one candidate;
(5) has been marked in favour of a person who is not a candidate;
(6) has been marked elsewhere than in one of the circles;
(7) bears fanciful or injurious entries; or
(8) bears a mark allowing the elector to be identified.