60. This act does not apply:
(1) to premises leased for other than residential purposes;
(2) to a room
(a) situated in an establishment for which a permit has been issued under the Hotels Act (chapter H-3) and the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-5), or
(b) leased within the main residence of the lessor if two rooms or fewer are leased or offered for rent;
(3) to a rooming-house as defined by the regulations of the Commission subject to subparagraph f of section 39;
(4) to a dwelling leased as a vacation resort;
(5) to a dwelling leased by an employer to his employee, accessory to a contract of work, except as regards the fixing of the rent;
(6) to an immoveable on which construction work began after 31 December 1973.
Such exception shall only prevail for five years following the termination of the work.
“Termination of the work” means, for the purposes of the preceding paragraph, the date on which the immoveable is ready for the use for which it is intended.
This paragraph does not apply to a room situated in such an immoveable.
1950-51, c. 20, s. 34; 1951-52, c. 17, s. 17; 1952-53, c. 9, s. 14; 1968, c. 79, s. 7; 1973, c. 75, s. 10; 1974, c. 76, s. 22; 1977, c. 76, s. 7.