103. (1) The instrument appointing a proxy shall be in writing under the hand of the appointor or of his attorney duly authorized in writing, or, if the appointor be a corporation, either under the common seal of the corporation or under the hand of an officer or attorney so authorized, and shall cease to be valid after the expiration of one year from the date thereof, unless it be for some other period.
Any shareholder represented at a general or special meeting of shareholders by proxy, given according to law or the by-laws of the company, shall be considered to be present himself at the meeting.
(2) Every person, whether he is a shareholder of the company or not, may act as a proxy.
(3) A proxy for an absent shareholder shall not have the right to vote on a show of hands.
(4) An instrument appointing a proxy shall be dated and contain the appointment and name of the proxy and, if need be, the revocation of a former instrument appointing a proxy.
(5) An instrument appointing a proxy may be revoked at any time.