119. The metropolitan land use and development plan shall, in addition to containing the mandatory and optional elements provided for in sections 5 and 6 of the Act respecting land use planning and development (chapter A‐19.1),
(1) set out, for the future, a strategic vision of economic, social and environmental development to facilitate the coherent exercise of the Community’s jurisdiction;
(2) define criteria applicable to the urbanization of the territory of the Community and to urban consolidation, natural resource protection and optimization of public infrastructures and equipment and public services, while meeting the specific needs of the population in each component part of the territory of the Community;
(3) determine the approximate density of occupation of the land for the different parts of the territory of the Community;
(4) define the poles of activity and the parts of the territory of the Community that are of metropolitan interest and determine their vocation;
(5) identify and specify the location of the infrastructures and equipment of metropolitan interest, whether existing or projected, and determine their vocation and capacity; and
(6) define the development potential of the residential, commercial and industrial sectors covered by the plan taking into account the forecast growth in the territory of the Community and the planning of transportation.