137.47. In addition to the exercise of the powers and duties that may otherwise be assigned to the president, the president is charged with the administration and general management of the Commission.
The functions of the president include
(1) directing the personnel of the Commission and seeing to it that the personnel’s functions are carried out;
(2) promoting the professional development of the personnel of the Commission and the commissioners as regards the exercise of their functions;
(3) fostering the participation of commissioners in the formulation of guiding principles so as to maintain a high level of quality and coherence in the decisions of the Commission;
(4) coordinating and assigning the work of the commissioners who, in that respect, must comply with the president’s orders and directives;
(5) seeing to the observance of the standards of ethics.