11. The Attorney General or the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions may
(1) intervene in first instance to take charge of a prosecution;
(2) intervene in appeal to take place of the party who was prosecutor in first instance;
(3) order proceedings stayed before rendering of judgment in first instance;
(4) allow proceedings to be continued within six months of being stayed.
The intervention, stay or continuation commences when the representative of the Attorney General or of the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions notifies the clerk. The clerk shall immediately notify the parties.
1987, c. 96, a. 11; 2005, c. 34, s. 46.