188. The Société may prohibit a road vehicle from being put back into operation in cases where
(1) false or inaccurate information was supplied when registration was applied for or in respect of a change referred to in section 28;
(2) the owner neglects or refuses to submit the vehicle to a mechanical or photometric inspection or to produce the certificate of mechanical inspection or the photometric inspection certificate issued to him;
(3) the owner neglects or refuses to furnish to the Société any information requested by the latter pursuant to this Code or a declaration or attestation requested by the Société pursuant to section 96 of the Automobile Insurance Act (chapter A-25);
(4) the owner is indebted to the Société with respect to the sums referred to in any of sections 21, 31.1, 69, 93.1 and 209.20 in relation to a cheque without sufficient funds or returned by a financial institution for any other reason or with respect to the fees exigible under paragraphs 4.1, 5 and 10 of section 624;
(4.1) the owner of the road vehicle has not complied, within 10 days, with the request of the Société or a peace officer to furnish a weighing certificate to establish the vehicle’s net mass;
(5) the owner has failed to submit his vehicle to mechanical inspection after having been notified to do so by the Société;
(6) the transferor neglects or omits, upon the transfer of a road vehicle, to pay the sales tax as calculated under the Act respecting the Québec sales tax (chapter T-0.1).