155. Every recycler must keep a register recording the following information:
(1) the identification number of every road vehicle he receives, a description of its major components and the identification thereof by means of the identification number of the vehicle or a number referring thereto;
(2) the description and identification, by means of the identification number of the vehicle from which it has been removed, of every detached major automobile component he receives;
(3) the date of acquisition of every road vehicle or major component as well as the name and address of the person from whom it was received;
(4) the date of sale of a vehicle and the name and address of the buyer.
The following are considered major automobile components the motor: the transmission, the rear axle, the front-wheel-drive assembly, the hood, the grill, the fenders, the bumpers, the rear-window panel, the side panels, the trunk lid and the doors.
1986, c. 91, s. 155; 1990, c. 83, s. 64.