116. The following persons shall not be appointed to or hold any office as an officer or employee of the municipality:
(1) The Minister of Municipal Affairs and Greater Montréal and the members of the Commission municipale du Québec and the Société d’habitation du Québec;
(2) Members of the Privy Council;
(3) The judges or magistrates receiving emoluments from the federal or provincial government or from the municipality;
(4) Whosoever has, directly or indirectly, by himself or his partner, any contract with the municipality other than his contract of employment as an officer or employee. Acceptance of or application for municipal services available to ratepayers according to a fixed tariff shall not be considered a contract with the municipality.
(5) Whosoever has not paid all his municipal dues, with the exception of such amounts as remain to be paid owing to involuntary error or omission; nevertheless, the holder of a municipal office, whichever it be, does not become disqualified to occupy it on account of not having, during his term of office, paid all his municipal dues or, if such was the case, paid the instalments within the prescribed time, provided he pays all his dues or, if such is the case, any balance owing within thirty days of the expiry of the prescribed time;
(6) Any person convicted of treason or of an act punishable under a law of the Parliament of Canada or of the Legislature of Québec, by imprisonment for one year or more.
Such disqualification shall continue for five years after the term of imprisonment fixed by the sentence, and, if only a fine was imposed or the sentence is suspended, for five years from the date of such condemnation, unless the person has obtained a pardon;
(7) Any person convicted of an indictable offence punishable by imprisonment for five years or more after having previously been convicted of two indictable offences so punishable; such disqualification shall continue for 25 years after the term of imprisonment fixed by the sentence and, if only a fine is imposed or sentence is suspended, for 25 years from the date of the conviction, unless the person has obtained a pardon for either of such indictable offences;
(8) Any person who is disqualified from office as a member of the council of a municipality under any of sections 301 and 303 to 307 of the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities (chapter E-2.2).