74.4. Notwithstanding any by-law adopted by a borough council, the city council may, by by-law, authorize the carrying out of a project involving
(1) collective or institutional equipment, such as cultural equipment, a hospital, a university, a college, a convention centre, a house of detention, a cemetery, a regional park or a botanical garden;
(2) major infrastructures, such as an airport, a harbour, a train station, a marshalling yard or a water treatment, filtration or purification establishment;
(3) a residential, commercial or industrial establishment whose floor area is greater than 25,000 square metres;
(4) housing intended for persons in need of help, protection, care or shelter, in particular under a housing program implemented under the Act respecting the Société d’habitation du Québec (chapter S-8);
(5) cultural property recognized or classified or a historic monument designated under the Cultural Property Act (chapter B-4) or a planned site situated in a historic or natural district or in a heritage site within the meaning of that Act.