205. The following shall burden or be credited to all the taxable immovables in the sector formed of the territory, as it existed on 31 December 2001, of the municipalities which, on that date, were parties to the agreement establishing the Régie intermunicipale de gestion des déchets sur l’Île de Montréal:
(1) the debts and any category of surplus of the intermunicipal management board or the Société referred to in section 203;
(2) the revenues or costs relating to legal proceedings or a dispute to which the intermunicipal management board or the Société referred to in section 203 or, as the case may be, the city is a party, in respect of an event prior to 1 January 2002 that concerns that intermunicipal management board or that Société.
However, the revenues or costs relating to legal proceedings or a dispute referred to in subparagraph 2 of the first paragraph concerning an event prior to 4 September 1997 shall burden or be credited to the taxable immovables only in the sector formed of the territory of the municipalities, other than the former Ville de Montréal.
In respect of the revenues or costs, the burden on or credit to the taxable immovables in the sector formed of the territory of the municipalities referred to in the first or second paragraph, as the case may be, shall be in proportion to the cumulative financial contributions of those municipalities to the intermunicipal management board.
In this section,
(1) mention that debts or costs burden the taxable immovables of a territory means that the expenditures related to those debts or costs must be financed by revenues exclusively from that territory; and
(2) mention that surpluses or revenues are credited to the taxable immovables of a territory means that the credit of those surpluses or revenues is reserved exclusively for the inhabitants and ratepayers of that territory.
2001, c. 25, s. 307; O.C. 1308-2001, s. 25.