10. (1) The Bar shall be governed by the “General Council of the Barreau du Québec”.
(2) The General Council shall exercise all the rights, powers and prerogatives and assume the obligations of the board of directors within the meaning of the Professional Code (chapter C-26).
(3) The General Council shall be composed of the Bâtonnier of the Province of Québec, the vice-president, ten delegates from the section of Montréal, five delegates from the section of Québec, two delegates from each of the sections of the Mauricie, Saint-François and Hull, one delegate from each of the other sections and four other members appointed by the Office des professions du Québec in accordance with the Professional Code.
(4) The delegates from each section shall be chosen by the council of the section from among former and present councillors. The council shall also in like manner appoint three substitutes to replace any delegate who is unable to attend a meeting, upon designation by the Bâtonnier of the section. If the delegates and the substitutes are unable to attend a meeting, the bâtonnier shall designate as many members from his section as are necessary to constitute his section’s delegation at the meeting.
(5) The members of the General Council shall remain in office until their death, resignation or disbarment or until the coming into office of their successors at the first regular meeting of the General Council which is held each year in accordance with subsection 1 of section 13.