42. This chapter does not apply to a contractor or owner-builder who performs:
(1) construction work done on a farm property usually operated by the farmer himself or by fewer than three permanent employees;
(2) maintenance or repair work carried out by the employees who usually do it or who work on production in a business and are hired directly by an employer other than a contractor;
(3) water main or sewer construction work, sidewalk construction, paving work and other similar work carried out by the employees of a local municipality, a regional county municipality or a metropolitan community;
(4) construction work directly related to mining exploration or operation and carried out by the employees of a mining business;
(5) construction work directly related to forest development and carried out by the employees of a forestry undertaking;
(6) power transmission line construction work carried out by the employees of an electricity distribution undertaking.
A contractor or an owner-builder carrying out construction work on an installation intended to use or distribute gas, or on an electrical installation, except that covered by subparagraphs 4 and 6, is subject to this chapter.
1985, c. 34, s. 42; 1990, c. 85, s. 122; 2000, c. 56, s. 218; 2005, c. 22, s. 47.