35.Notwithstanding the provisions of subparagraphs a and c of the first paragraph of section 20 of the Medical Act (chapter M-9), the provisions of the rules determined by regulation made pursuant to those subparagraphs and the provisions of section 21 of that Act, the following are valid:
(1) the declarations of eligibility to sit for acupuncture examinations issued before 1 July 1994 and the examinations held before that date, concerning persons who do not hold a diploma referred to in subparagraph 1 or 2 of the first paragraph of section 11 of the Regulation; and
(2) the entries on the register of acupuncturists made before 1 July 1994 and concerning the persons referred to in subparagraph 1 of this paragraph, to the extent that those persons pass the acupuncture examinations of the Collège des médecins du Québec held pursuant to the rules determined by the Regulation and meet the other conditions imposed by the College.
Every person referred to in subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph who,
(1) before 1 July 1994, fails the written examination at least once or passes that examination but fails the oral examination at least once, or does not sit for the oral examination, may be entered on the register of acupuncturists if he passes the examinations held by the Collège des médecins du Québec pursuant to the Regulation; in such a case, the provisions of the first and second paragraphs of section 34 and the provisions of section 18 of the Regulation apply;
(2) on 30 June 1995, has failed the written examination at least once or has passed that examination but has failed the oral examination at least once or has not sat for the oral examination, may obtain a permit if he passes the written examination and the oral examination or, as the case may be, the oral examination referred to in section 13 of the Regulation held under the responsibility of the Order, taking account of the provisions of section 18 of the Regulation which shall continue to govern that person;
(3) fails the written examination or the oral examination referred to in section 13 of the Regulation after sitting for it as many times as allowed under the provisions of section 18 of the Regulation may not obtain a permit unless his training has first been recognized as equivalent by the Bureau in accordance with the standards it fixes under the Professional Code (chapter C-26).